1. Describe your career in the special events industry in three words:
Experiential. Fulfilling. Innovative.
2. For advice in the Event Industry, who would you most like to have lunch with to receive that advice?
Jackie Huba. When it comes to building a brand and remaining true to yourself and your standards, she is the Queen.
3. As a leader, what knowledge can you provide to a student in the Hospitality industry?
Believe in yourself and in what you KNOW you're capable of. There will always be people challenging you in whatever position you choose, but use that to make yourself better. Also, become an expert in something you love. The industry is a crazy whirlwind, but an adventurous one, so find that one thing that drives you and become the best of the best.
4. In your profession, what challenges you everyday?
Time. There never feels like there's enough of it in a day!
5. What are you most passionate about professionally? What most excites you about your work & the contribution you can make?
Creating memorable and engaging guest experiences from the minute they walk in the door, to the second that they leave. I thrive on guest satisfaction and in receiving that 'Thank You' card in the mail a few days later, that's the most rewarding part is knowing you contributed to creating the perfect day for them.
6. What are you passionate about personally? What do you really enjoy? What can’t you stop talking about?
Everyone who knows me knows that I am a Wedding Enthusiast, but I also am extremely passionate about ILEA. I love what we are able to provide for our members and am excited to see the next few years pan out! Oh.. and Corgi's. I absolutely love Corgi's.
7. What is your favorite restaurant in Philadelphia?
It's a toss up between The Dandelion and Barbuzzo.
8. What is your favorite color, and why?
Rose Gold. It has a warm and inviting nature about it and is the perfect accent color to any event or home.